Subject: Leica M2 military repair manual
From: pgs@thillana.lcs.mit.edu (Patrick Sobalvarro)
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 17:13:46 -0400

A few months ago I talked to someone about buying a copy of the U.S.
Army's M2 (KS-15 was the military designation, if I remember
correctly) repair manual.  He wanted $40 or so for it, and was just
selling a cheaply made photocopy, so I didn't buy it.  Ed Romney also
sells photocopies of these for $35, but once again it's just a
photocopy and I found the quality only fair, and also I get tired of
Romney's constant self-promotion.

But today I found that Barnes and Noble's Web site
(www.barnesandnoble.com) sells copies for $27.  That's the cheapest
price I've seen, so I figured I'd bite the bullet and buy it.  If it
turns out to be a low-quality photocopy I might return it.  They also
have most of the Leica books I know about that are in print.

Amazon.com (www.amazon.com) has a wide selection of out-of-print Leica
books, although there's an error in their database -- they list
Osterloh's book as being published in 1940.

- -Patrick