Subject: Re: Re[2]: Telyt-R 400/6.8
From: pgs@pa.dec.com (Patrick Sobalvarro)
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 15:57:28 -0700

   From: seungmin@luxmail.luxcom.com
   Date: Wed, 02 Jul 97 13:42:47 PST

        Hi John,

         Thank you for your info.  I have the box marked 11960 for R.
        I believe that it comes complete with the tube.  Did you mean
        that 11906 for R has the same lens mount as the normal 2 or 3
        cam lenses?  It is my belief that it is complete with the tube
        (11906).  I have the original box and leather case too.  Also
        the owner said he used it several times on Leicaflex SL.

If I remember correctly, the 400/6.8 does not have an automatic
diaphragm, so there will be no coupling cam on it.  You have to meter
stopped down.  That would make the mount look a little
different... but it wouldn't make it look like an M or Visoflex mount.

If you have an R camera, have you tried fitting the lens to the R
body?  If it has a smaller bayonet mount, then it is the Visoflex lens
and you will need the adapter.  If it fits, you're in business.

I was also at the San Mateo show and saw a couple of 400/6.8's, at
least one of which had a Viso mount on it.  Let's hope you haven't
been taken for a ride by an unscrupulous vendor.

- -Patrick