Subject: Re: More info on electrical lens contacts on the R8
From: Chris Hoover <cdhoover@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 18:45:40 -0800

I'll bet the R series AF plan utilizes the camera back (probably
something like the AX). There are 10 contacts in place between the back
and the body and that seems like overkill for the timer/ISO features.
This would also make an AF upgrade for the R8 simpler.

So far, I've heard no mention of a databack for the R8, whereas the
drive/winder were been announced way ahead of schedule. Maybe the AF
back concept is holding up the drives? Pure speculation, but fun to
consider during my first day of using the R8. Hope they also add a
integrated intervalometer, and data recording off the frame.

Chris Hoover
cdhoover@pacbell.net

snip