Subject: Re: M6, 50mm Summicron and more
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 1997 18:45:38 -0400

At 07:52 PM 7/1/97 +0200, Christoph wrote:
>2. However my preferences changed and I am looking for a 35mm or a 28mm to
>trade for my 90mm Tele-Elmarit. Working with the Leica M changed my view
and I
>think it supports the wide angle lenses perfectly. It is a camera for a
>photographer who is a member of a group of people rather than viewing the
group
>from far away being afraid to get caught in the (photographing) act.

This one IS a hot issue.  I get my picture taken, frequently, as I'm rather
active in my community.  I despise the SOB's who insist on using
wide-angles:  I swear I'm going to punch one of these jerks out one of
these days, jumping right there in my face.  USE A LONG-FOCUS LENS!  Then
you can stand back and let the subject have some breathing room.

I get REALLY ticked about people who impinge on my space.  I'm not alone.
Be conscious of your subject's feelings.  Wide-angles are great if you
shoot pictures of landscapes, but, for people, a 90mm is the perfect length
in miniature format work.

Obviously, YOUR mileage may vary:  but make sure your health insurance is
paid up if you're going to use wide angles on portraits!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!