Subject: Re: Notching film gates
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 02 Jul 97 10:24:32 EDT

DAvid Almy wrote:

<<> The notches saved the day for me and I understand the photographer, who was
freelancing for NEWSWEEK on the side, never worked for them again.>

Great story, Fred. Viva la Vs!!>>>>>>>>

Hi Dave,

Recovered from Paris yet? :)

I'm assumming the comment from Fred Ward was something to do with another guy
trying to use Fred's material and claiming he had shot it.

At one of the Olympic Games while in the Kodak procesing area they have mega
light tables for editing and as you edit you throw outs into the can on the
floor.

One day after the crew I was working with were finished there was time for a
coffee and we sat in the lounge area. By happenstance we looked over to where we
had been editting. Here was a photographer picking out "throw away frames" and
putting them on the light-table, then selecting some and putting them in the
little yellow boxes!

Surprise! And then he would ship them off to his home country as his work!  So
we fixed that in a hurry!  We all were supplied with hole punchers and we
punched holes in everything we threw away.:)

ted