Subject: Re: Tele-Elmarit-M 90 hoods
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 22:22:02 +0100 (BST)

At 16:02 02/07/97 -0400, you wrote:
>The collapsible rubber hood on the 2.8/90 thin Tele-Elmar takes a 11252
>snap-in lens cap, readily available for a pittance from Leica.  Why this
>would be an issue escapes me.
>The lens hood takes Series 5.5 filters, which, again, are readily
>available.  Further, the collapsible rubber cap can be used with E39
>filters as well.
>Marc

I got this info from calls to two Leica dealers in the UK last year- both
sources said the caps that went with those rubber hoods weren't available
any longer and used ones were "like gold dust". Maybe I should only believe
what I read here! As for the decision to use series 5.5 filters in that
hood- which are almost the same size as 39mm, which the lens itself takes-
not my idea of good design.

Joe Berenbaum