Subject: Re: beginner film question
From: creadick@mindspring.com (Nowell Creadick)
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 1997 09:26:37 -0400 (EDT)

>I have a beginner question. So far I have been using 100-400 color print
>film in my M6 (probably 10 rolls now). My 2 lenses are the current 35/2.0
>and 90/2.8. What would be the advantage of trying a slower than 100 speed
>film? If I went with a 64 or even lower speed, what would I notice in a 4x6
>or 5x7 print? I/m open to both color print or b&w.
>
>Thank you. Wer're driving down the Oregon coast this weekend, and I want to
>have film on hand!
>
>Bob

Bob..I wanted to second Ben's recommendation to try Velvia slide film and
add that trying the original Kodachrome 25 should also be interesting.  The
colors are not as saturated but they are very true and beautiful and will
last for a generation or so.  Of course you really need a second body..M3
or M4 for keeping black and white film loaded!....I suggest trying  Ilford
Delta 100 Professional.
To really appreciate your slides find a good used Kodak carosel projector
for about $50-$100 and the best hand viewer you can find (Lug
recommendations?).  Then get a good screen and project those slides!  My
favorite screen is called "Radiant" and it is a 6" x 6" x 4 foot  square
that cleverly opens into a very nice screen...can be put on a table top
etc......best of luck.   Nowell