Subject: Re: Leica Passport -MINI-
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 1997 14:54:35 -0700

At 10:28 AM 7/1/97 +0100, you wrote:

>> The only thing that Passport doesn't cover is theft or fire.
>
>I suspect that the Passport fails to deal with quite a large number of
>accidents.
>landed in a puddle of water. The price Leica quoted for fixing it was more
>than I'd paid for it a few days earlier. It was cheaper for her to go out
>and buy another.
>Regards,
>
>Doug Richardson

Doug,

In the past, I've owned a Mini, Mini II, and a Mini Zoom. I do not remember
them being covered by Leica Passport Warranty. And if it's not covered by
Passport, physical damage is covered by YOU. I know from experience that
those Leica items covered by Leica Passport are indeed covered for
EVERYTHING. All you need is the piece with the serial number (or most of
it) and they will indeed replace it. As I said, I do not believe Leica
Passport is offered on the plastic Minolta/Panasonic/whoever P&S cameras. I
could be wrong... but from what you said... probably not.

Jim