Subject: Re: R8, available light
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 1997 22:01:02 -0800

ted grant wrote:

> In any event he always seemed to use the "available light well" no matter how he
> manipulated it.  :)

In th Leica booth at Photoplus in LA was featured the work and presence
of Jacques Lowe.  shown were his pix of the Kennedys.  But also
impressive was a book on Jazz artists--mostly portraits, all B&W.  The
quality and the detail made me sure they were made with medium format
camera and studio strobes.  So I asked him.  Nope.  Available light,
Tri-x, and Leicas.

Wow.

Donal Philby
San Diego