Subject: Re: Seeing Everything New
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 18:35:52 -0800

Richard Clompus wrote:

> Dear Carl and others using progressive addition lenses with viewfinders:
>
> Make sure you view through the viewfinder using the uppermost portion of
> your glasses.  Most viewfinders are at optical infinity (20 feet) or
> slightly closer.  If you tilt your chin up to view using the reading
> portion of your glasses, you will be focussing too close to see the
> viewfinder images clearly.

Yes.  I found on my first pair that they had made the lower part so high
that I absolutely could not focus the camera.  They remade the lens.
This made it harder to read as I have to tilt head up, but now can focus
clearly.  We kept the position of the lower area on file and this time
no problem.

Donal