Subject: Re: Faulty frame counter
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 05 Jul 97 12:35:41 EDT

Claes wrote:

<<Has anyone of you experienced this particular problem? >>>>

Hey Claes old buddy your back safe and sound! :)

You'll enjoy this little note about frame counters.

The other day I posted how my M6's have been work horses since 1985 when I got
them and it was praise, praise, praise, nothing ever goes wrong.

Oooooookay!  That post done and damned if a frame counter didn't go haywire the
very next day on one of them! :)  It is the first time I ever had anything
malfunction in all these years.

In your case I'd be back to Leica big time, it being a new camera and there
isn't any reason for a frame counter to go haywire.  As you say it isn't going
to affect the picture taking, but it is a damn annoyance not knowing how many
frames you have left. As it can be critical to getting the key picture or
missing it because you allowed yourself to be caught with only a couple of
frames left in the moment of heated action.

Besides we pay too much money for things to go wrong, period!

ted
Victoria, Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant