Subject: Re: Ted Grant and Smiling
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 05 Jul 97 12:35:44 EDT

David Almy wrote:

<<<Ted Grant is one of the treasures of this group. (My wife notes: isn't
"treasures" a word you use to describe people who are really, really
old?!)>>>>>

g'day David,

<<<(My wife notes: isn't "treasures" a word you use to describe people who are
really, really  old?!)>>

Excuse' moi! :)  That old eh? :)

Please thank your wife for the compliment about the "old treasure" ! :)  (I
think she's being complimentary?)  :) :)

A big thankyou to you and the others who make kind remarks, I'm humbled and
honoured by them.

However I can not stand alone in receiving them as much as I appreciate the
accolades, as this group of photographers and collectors have such a wealth of
knowledge regarding Leica cameras and photographic experience that we all share
with each other, that this is a very unique support group.

Good Lord will'in, I hope to give back to photography for a long time yet, what
it has given to me for so many years. And if my epitaph is, "I helped a fellow
photographer." I would go with a smile on my face! :)

I know that many in here who are a little "longer in tooth" give of their
experience to assist the younger folks to enjoy photography with a lesser amount
of frustrations than we may have encountered along the way.

see ya,

thanks again,

ted
Victoria, Canada