Subject: Re: Independence Day
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 05 Jul 97 12:35:35 EDT

Alex wrote:

<<<Funny, I always find the effect of the 'black stuff' (Murphy's stout to the
rest of you), it to tilt the horizon by about 15 degrees in landscapes, and
introduce interesting streaky images when hand-holding the camera at 1/8 second
in an Irish pub...>>>>>>

Alex,

It sounds just the remedy for much of my over sharp Leica slides! :)

Seeing how the "in look" of photography in some venues of picture taking these
days leans toward a kind of fuzzy and out of focus manipulation, this sounds
like the magic potion that I've been looking for! :)

I could become a member of the highly over paid "in crowd" and enjoy the potent
potion at the same time.:)  In the event of "one to many" it may prove to be
more rewarding in fuzzyness, undoubtly leading to a greater degree of tilt and
streaky look.

Although my preference would be a McKeown's of Scotland that have given me some
great, but hurting swishy pan feel early in the morning, :) I quite like your
description of  "the 'black stuff'" and the images it would create. :)  thank
you

ted
Victoria, Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant