Subject: Re: Shortage of Used R 6.2 Leicas??
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 20:31:26 +0100 (BST)

At 13:22 09/07/97 -0400, you wrote:
>In einer eMail vom 08.07.97  20:08:01, schreiben Sie:
><< I got tired of changing batteries all
> the time and got a mechanical watch. >>
>I got your point, but I would strongly recommend a R4s or a R-E instead of >a
>R6.2. They are substantly cheaper, feature the better finder displays and
>give xou auto exposure just in the case you would not be in the mood for
>manual setting. And the R6.2 needs batteries too - because what is a slide
>film woth, if you do not have an accurate exposure meter :-)

It depends. This advice would not have been good for me- I started with an
RE and an R5 and sold both and got an R6 and an R7, simply because I soon
realised that good as these bodies were, I wanted mirror lock to make the
most of the lenses I was using. I would have saved a lot of money if I had
never got the R5 or RE in the first place! Mirror lock won't combine with
auto exposure anyway on these bodies.

Joe Berenbaum