Subject: Re: Buying used M lenses advises
From: mdw3@leguin.acpub.duke.edu
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 23:35:57 +0000

> Looking @ the latest Keh Camera Brokers brochure, here
> are a list of M lenses for sale.

> 90mm lens
>
> a.) 90/2.8 Elmarit blk (Ger) (39)/ Early / Excellent $504.00
> b.) 90/2.8 Tele-Elmarit blk (Can) (39) Excellent $465.00
> c.) 90/2.8 Tele-Elmarit M Blk (can) (39) Can 39 Excellent 525.00

   I, like many others on the 'Net, have had generally very good
experiences with KEH.  They rate their equipment conservatively and
price in line with most of the other major used suppliers, and they
offer a very fair two-week return period with full refund, no
questions asked.  I would advise you not to buy the second lens
listed above, however; I already bought and returned it
because of a light haze covering the inside of the rear element.
Immediately afterwards, though, I purchased from them a 90mm
Summicron-M over 3,xxx,xxx for a very fair price (under $900), and it
was in much better condition than described, in the original box with
all caps (even though the catalogue made no mention of these), and
looked as though it had never been touched since its manufacture.
Anyway, good luck . . . .

Michael Weisberg