Subject: Re: Faulty frame counter repaired!
From: "Hans Pahlen" <hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 23:51:07 +0200

>Yes, guys! There is now indeed at least one plastic part in the body of
the very late model M6!!

As I am about to buy an M6, I wonder when the change was made. If early
M6:s use metal, I will rather get a used one.

>To me it=B4s evident that the people in Solms now have changed their
priorities from quality to profit.=20

Cutting costs seems to be a universal tendency in production, unfortunate=
ly
also including Leica M:s... I am not too happy about it either, and I am
glad to have my M2 and M4. Can you be more specific about the fault, ie w=
as
the plastic part damaged after only half a year of light use? Was the spa=
re
part also made of plastic?
Regards, Hans
Mail: hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se