Subject: Re: Shortage of Used R 6.2 Leicas??
From: FKemper@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 17:55:41 -0400 (EDT)

In einer eMail vom 09.07.97  16:45:04, schreiben Sie:

<< Periodically, I find it necessary to remind folk that
 ALL exposure is merely a combination of a given f stop and a given
 aperture setting. >>

Well...

I don't know how you expose your film, but I always use a combination of
aperture setting and shutter speed setting for this. If your camera has two
aperture setting devices, I would be eager to know what you are shooting with
<eg>.

I do not mind an electronic brain to help me with that by providing the
shutter speed automatically, which I would have set manually anyway, but this
is definitely a matter of taste. It is like driving with a car with automatic
transmission. Once you have learned to shift, you always know which gear you
are using - no matter you put it in yourself or you left the task to the
automatic gearbox.

This weekend I will go to germany's most famous racing track (Nuerburgring)
and shoot a truck race. I would feel very uncomfortable without some help of
my camera. Therefore I choose my Minolta Maxxum/Dynax equipment for that. My
Leica M is merely for my free time.

Frank