Subject: Re: Shortage of Used R 6.2 Leicas??
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 15:22:03 -0700

On 10 Jul 97,  Lucien_vD@compuserve.com wrote:

> --
> Roger Beamon  wrote:
>
> >My photography allows time for
> >quiet contemplation (with the R, that is).
>
> >Now, the M is different. That's my street machine, man! Tres bon!
>
> Sorry about my poor understanding of english.
>
> If I understand well it is:
>
> R for "Quiescent" photography,
>
> M for "street" photography,

For me, yes. The R for quiet contempletive work and the M for
"helter skelter"!

> Nikon AF when you have to bring back a sharp photography, whatever
> the conditions are.

No, no, no, Lucien. That is *your* inference. In this happy and
accomplished Leica family, I feel sure that we can "bring home the
bacon" with the best of any Nikon/Canon/Minolta AF shooter with the
possible exception of that fast action subject coming directly at
or away from the camera. The R8 AF will handle that in the future.
Let's see, now, that'll be after all the promised accoutrements for
the present R8 are finally available. (I knew I could come up with
a French word for you) Suppose that'll be by the next millenium?
Nah!
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Leica Historical Society Of America
       mailto:beamon@primenet.com

          Thought for the day:
      Book (n): a utensil used to pass time while waiting
      for the TV repairman.