Subject: New M6 Rangefinder Problem
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 18:00:10 -0400

Dear Fellow LUGnuts,

Al this traffic about Leica quality and now this.

I just mounted my new 35mm Summilux Aspheric lens on my new M6 and realized
that the rangefinder on the M6 doesn't quite line up right.  The doubled
image line up horizontally but are off a bit vertically.  When you try to
focus on a sign with letters, the letters are out of registration
vertically.  What a bummer.  I didn't notice this at first until I compared
the rangefinder images with my earlier M6 body that lined up the two images
vertically and horizontally.

Has anyone else had this experience?

I guess it's off to Leica in New Jersey for an adjustment.  It still has 2
years and 11 months left on the Passport warranty.  I wonder if Leica can
adjust it before the Summer is over.  I heard they are backed up for 4-6
weeks for repair work.  I guess you can't have everything.

Sincerely,

Richard
Richard Clompus, OD
West Chester, Pennsylvania, USA