Subject: Re: "Leica Look"
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 16:57:10 -0700

At 01:11 PM 7/10/97 +0800, you wrote:
>Hello again Luggers,
>
>I've been asking around a number of Leica M users about their optical
>characterestics and the thing I've really gathered is "Leica Look".
>
>What is the leica look and what makes it "different" from the Nikon or
>Canon look ??
>
>Can one really distinguish the Leica look from the other slr company look ?
>
>Would greatly appreciate some comments on this,
>
>Ferdinand

Dare I say this??? Ferdinand, while you were smelling the daises, we here
at LUG had a fiercely irrational (everyone except me ;-) ) discussion of
the Leica Look, or Leica Glow, or as the Japanese call it, Bokeh. I doubt
if you will get anybody to nibble again soon on this one. I suggest you
either search the LUG archives for "BOKEH" or get the May/June '97 issue of
Photo Techniques which analytically describes the "Leica Look," or Bokeh.

Jim