Subject: Re: first Slides from 35mm Asph Summilux
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 04:32:02 +0100 (BST)

At 20:20 15/07/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Dear Fellow LUGnuts,
>Chris wrote about Ektachome 100 SW film:
><snip>
>It doesn't work as well with indoor available  lighting when you have an
>abundance of tungstun lights.  The color cast becomes too warm.  What about
>using a blue filter?
><snip>
>
>I guess I could use a cooling filter but that would defeat the purpose of
>using this warm cast film.
><snip>
>Richard

But then using a warm cast daylight-balanced film in tungsten lighting does
seem to be asking the impossible! -or at least the improbable. I would be
interested in the results (of Ektachrome 100 SW + blue filter in tungsten
lighting), since my subjective response to tungsten-balanced film in
tungsten light, and normal daylight balanced film with the appropriate blue
filter (80B) in tungsten light, all seem to compensate too much and the
result is colder than I really want. Making indoor electric lighting look
like unpleasant cold daylight that miraculously emits from domestic lighting
fixtures is not so clever, I think! I'm going to be experimenting with weak
blue filters soon and see if I can get something more like what I want. Er,
with my M6, of course.

Joe Berenbaum