Subject: Re: first Slides from 35mm Asph Summilux
From: ROB HEYMAN <rheyman@cynergy.com.au>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 21:05:17 +1000

Chris Hoover wrote:

> You could darken the sky with a graduated ND filter, but they're not
> easy to use even during the day (you must set the dark area while
> holding DOF stopdown to view gradation).

A graduated ND filter is also going to darken the fireflies as well.
Graduated filters are only useful to change PART of a scene... top.
bottom, left or right. What is needed here is to darken all the
background and allow the fireflies to remain the same intensity.
I suggest you wait 20 minutes till it just gets darker!

Rob