Subject: Re: comments on the last 2 days(Meters/bags)
From: FSilberman@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 22:54:31 -0400 (EDT)

I've found it interesting to read all the comments on incident metering. No
one has mentioned about using one's hand as a quick way to get 18%. I"ve
calibrated my hand to my m6 reading to match my incident meter, by opening up
1/2 stop. It works well for me & bails me out when as Hans Phalen says we get
to lazzy or we don't have the time to whip out the incident meter.

I use an auto meter IIIF, one feature I like is the ability to memorize 2
diff readings & avg them if need be. Also like the fact that you don't have
to fiddle with trying to find medium grey (18%) in a scene when the lighting
is tricky. Like everything else out there incident meters have their
limitations.

 My personal experience with camera bags.
I purchased a Billingham(335?) case after my old bags zipper failed. I wanted
a top quality construction, etc. The appearance...aethetics of the case are
very appealing to me. Unfortunately, I've found it hard to work out of & my
equipment doesn't fit as well as my Domke F6.. Which holds much more
equipment in a smaller & lighter package, although it's not as padded a bag.
The Domke bag, seems to be tailor made for m systems.
(You can put an m body with a 50/2 or 35/2 attached in one of the 4
compartments the padded insert. )

Of course I don't carry loads of equipment..I've got a bad back & discipline
myself now! I use the Bilingham to get to the assignment if it's rough, &
transfer to the Domke the essentials needed for that particular job.
If I'm just floating around I use an unpadded ll bean fanny pack & wrap my
lenses in Domke wraps & try not to drop it. It's wonderfully inconspicuous &
light. Anyway just some thoughts for those of you who had commented on camera
bags.

Question for the group.. .that is if you are still reading! I want to get
into Tungsten lighting & don't know much about the systems out there apart
from their names:Arri, Lowel. I like to get the equivalent system of 2 strobe
monolights ?  Is that possible without having 10 lights? Can any one inform
me on how much wattage I can plug into regular household current. Any
thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards to the group

Frederic