Subject: Re: incident meters + question
From: FSilberman@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 20:36:29 -0400 (EDT)

Hi luggers:

With all the talk recently on incident meters; they almost seem to be
foolproof don't they?

This evening I grabbed my trusty Autometer IIIF, which never fails to please,
to photograph the ice cream gurus "Ben & Jerry". Unfortunately, the lighting
was tricky & my 2 m6's are in the shop, my M2 works great, but has no meter.
And my IIIF clonked out on me before I had the opportunity to get one
reading!

The meters are still foolproof when the operator replaces the batteries. I'm
usually, pretty good I change them all regularly keeping a schedule of
everything I own photographically so that I change them like clockwork. But I
guess you can never underestimate chance; they weren't intended to live a
full and productive live.

For all of you who have back ups of everything like I normally try to do. I
guess as Martha Stewart would say...."it is a good thing".

Regards to all

Frederic

I plan on sailing transatlantic this fall. (N.Y. - Southampton, U.K.) I would
like to get some hints or suggestions on gear to protect m bodies from heavy
salt spray. After shooting on deck, even when the seas are relatively calm
the equipment gets coated with salt. I use plastic bags, but I bet you guys
can suggest something for innovative &/or expensive. Both are welcome, if
they are handy & work.

Thanks in advance