Subject: M use
From: "Adisak Soon Wai Hoe" <adisoon@pl.jaring.my>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 23:11:48 +0800

Today, I found myself being able to focus by touch of the lens alone. It
was one of those times when I was playing around with my M6, and then I
decided to test myself, I looked at objects around me, estimated the
distance in my head, and withoutlooking down at the lens, turned it to what
I thought would be the correct distance. When I checked with the
rangefinder, most times I was correct, sometimes I was close. It was an
unexpected surprise. Perhaps this is an ability that hascome out of much
use of the camera, and some aspects of handling become automatic responses.
Did anyone have this kind of experience also?

One question, does anyone use the 35 summicron with it's hood in candid
photography? Does it affect the speed of handling.

- --adi