Subject: Re: M use
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 13:30:58 -0700

On 21 Jul 97,  Bert Keuken wrote:

> <snip>
> One question, does anyone use the 35 summicron with it's hood in candid
> photography? Does it affect the speed of handling. <snip>
>
> I *always* use the lens hood, using a lens hood is the best & cheapest
> way to improve optical performance.
>
> Bert

Ditto! Only the time necessary to attach it alters the handling. This lens
has a bit more propensity for flare than most Leica glass, therefore the
hood is a must. In fact, my recommendation is to skip the UV filter
(greater possibility for reflections), but always, use the hood!
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Leica Historical Society Of America