Subject: Re: M use
From: Paul Schliesser <paulsc@eos.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 97 14:53:33 -0400

>Not exactly the same thing but an effective  way to speed-up focussing of
>Leica-M glass is to have your lenses always set on infinity (takes also
>less place in your bag). When you focus, you turn the distance ring until
>the 2 images in the finder cover. No back and forth through the point of
>focus as with an SLR.

Gerard,

I used to do this, until I realized that I automatically know which way
to turn the lens by whether the rangefinder image is offset to the left
or to the right of the main viewfinder image. This was not something that
I had consciously learned. It's a definite advantage over an SLR.

- - Paul