Subject: Re: M6 quality
From: "Hans Pahlen" <hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 11:06:10 +0200

> I shall keep my old R4,R3 , SL2 and M 3 along with my prejudices, because
> so many posts about problems with batteries, rangefinder-displacement
etc.
> on M6 confirm my suspicions, that they don't make them, like they used
to.

Otto, I have used 5 different M6  since 1987, and I never had any problems
with anyone of them! Keep your old cameras, but I can tell you that the M6
meter surely is nice to have.
Let us be fair: all constructions will be changed over the years, and the
M6 IS a new camera, compared to the older M:s. The only thing in the
counters. The problem was caused by a faulty spring, not the construction.
Leica use many parts made by other contracted firms, and I guess this is
the weak point compared to the old times.
Regards, Hans
Mail: hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se
Home: http://www.komvux.mark.se/hp635.htm