Subject: Re: Elmarit or Summicron 90mm
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 09:00:01 -0700

On 21 Jul 97,  MS wrote:

> Trying to decide between an Elmarit 90/2.8 and a Summicron 90/2.0.
> Hoping someone can help with info on the following criteria,

<snip>

If you mean R comparisons, I can't help you. I only have the 100mm Elmarit
APO. If, however, you are talking M lenses, unless you *need* the extra
stop in speed, go for the current production Elmarit. It is as good or
better at all stops that it shares with the Summicron. Also as good or
better in the other criteria you list.

- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Leica Historical Society Of America
       mailto:beamon@primenet.com

            U.S. Supreme Court Justice Scalia explaining his
      conservative views: I'm normal. Everyone else
      is crazy.