Subject: Re: Leicaflex SL
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 16:32:21 -0700

At 02:22 AM 7/22/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Hans,
>
>>>Was Leica really showing their products there?<<
>
>yes, they had an exhibit in the rooms of the Leica Akademie. It was sort of
>hard to convince them to lend me the new Summicron ASPH for a few test
>shots outside, but finally they gave in.
>
>Carsten

Interesting. Back in the 70's I was using Alpa cameras. I visited the
factory in Switzerland and got an immediate audience with the owner, Samuel
Bourgeois, and his son, Benjamin Bourgeois. Their idea, not mine. They
first said "how long are you going to be in this area?" and I answered
"three or four days," they then said "good, take ANY equipment you want to
use and use it. Bring it back when you are ready to go." Talk about Mana
from heaven! These people were gracious and trusting. I had a GREAT time.

Jim