Subject: Re: Chasing Bily Bob Thornton
From: n5xrd@juno.com (Richard W. Hemingway)
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 11:56:00 CDT

/8^B:

I had a Miranda F a long time ago.  Not much of a camera.  The first 50mm
/2.0 lens was another matter.  It was the best 50 mm lens I have ever
used!!!  They must have made a mistake when they made it!  I returned the
camera to get the shutter fixed, and listening to the dealer also
included the lens.  Guess what?  They gave me a new camera body AND lens,
even though I wrote them to return the original lens. The news lens was
not very good, but it worked.  I then went through 2 more bodies and 50
lenses before returning the whole thing to the dealer and buying a new
Nikon F + 50/2.0 lens.   Guess what - the lens was defective.  I sent it
and my test film to Nikon - My wife call me at work, you got a letter
from Nikon - read it to me - They verify that the lens is defective and
they sent me another one, which I used for years.

I don't think the Sensorex was a very good camera, if I remember
correctly. Had trouble with metering.  I thought it looked pretty neat
though.

I wouldn't give you $ 100 for it.  Don't know if it has any collector's
value.

Dick Hemingway
Norman, OK