Subject: Re: Cam Question for R lenses
From: n5xrd@juno.com (Richard W. Hemingway)
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 13:40:16 CDT

>Don't actually know yet. The manual doesn't specify. And I don't have
>any new ROM lenses to try on my SL2 (!). If I find out, I'll post

Page 61  of the R8 manual says:

"Most LEICA R lenses can be equipped with the electrical contact ledge
for data transfer.....For this though, the LEICAFLEX  SL/SL2 control cams
must be removed which means that these lenses will only be usable on
LEICA R moreld (from LEICA R3)."

Hence it doesn't look as though the  new ROM lenses  will work on the
SL2.

Richard Hemingway
Norman, OK