Subject: Re: Decorum on the List
From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 19:48:36 +0100

Roger Beamon wrote:

>>I am certain that the discussion around our friend Oddvik was more
>related to the way he said things than to what he specifically said.
>
>Here I disagree. I paid close attention to the content of his offerings.
>When the agenda was obvious, I retaliated. Love your contraction of his
>name, though. Hope it's considered pc. (politically correct, not personal
>computer. Our slang and colloquialisms must be a nightmare for non-native
>English speakers. Then again, some of the German slang I've learned is
>puzzling to me.

At the risk of being boring, don't 'retaliate' - just ignore or delete.
It's the quickest way to kill (or avoid) a flame war.

And again (at the risk of being even more boring), let's operate by the
simple guidelines that anyone can express any viewpoint in this group that
they like, PROVIDING:

a) It's on topic
b) It's objective, not a personal or political attack,
c) It's not boring (at the risk of being boring)

Roger also wrote:

>          Thought for the day:
>      Communist (n): one who has given up all hope
>      of becoming a Capitalist.

To which I would add:

"Capitalism is the exploitation of man by his fellow man.

Communism is precisely the opposite"

Oddvik please note.

Alex Hurst
Waterfall