Subject: Re: Need Book On Leicaflex
From: orath@astral.magic.ca (Otto Rath)
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 05:10:03 -0400

>Dear Fellow LUGnuts,
>
>I need a new comprehensive book on Leicaflex SL and SL2 cameras.  Could
>someone recommend a book on these camera bodies?  The book could also
>include the new fangled electronic R Leicas as well.

Richard,
Guenter Osterloh: Applied Leica Technique deals primarily with R4 (maybe a
newer edition covers later R's, but certainly not R 8). There is very
little mention on SL/SL2 (just 2 pages 24/25), but the rest of the book
gives typically German "dry" info on lenses, filters, Macro and shooting
techniques.
My First 1984 edition has 304 pages, good info generally in the official
style. Osterloh is Leica Tech.
I notice via your LUG posts that you're really chasing the rainbow, i.e.
getting deeply into Leitz.
Lurking in the shadows I read the discussions and wish the nervus rerum was
not so tight, so as to aquire the Apo 100mm. Ca.10 years ago in Leica
School Wetzlar Dr. Vollrath loaned me a prototype for the day, very sharp
and gorgeous color on Ekta-slides with my old SL2.
Greetings -otto-

otto w. rath, 504-633, northcliffe blvd. toronto on. M6E 3M3 canada (416)
783 5128