Subject: Re: 35/2.0 R etc
From: "Vahan D. Shahinian" <vshahinian@sprynet.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 16:34:28 -0400

>	(1) Does anyone out there have experience with the 35/2.0 R
>lens??? How 	good is it etc.

I have been using the 35mm R Summicron (current, pre-ROM version) for about
a year now, and I am very pleased with it. The lens is very sharp with good
contrast and excellent tonal qualities, and it doesn't seem particularly
prone to flare (although I always extend the lens hood).

I put off buying the 35 for my R cameras for several years, as I have that
focal length available for my M cameras. Now I'm glad I finally broke down
and bought the R version. It's one of the least expensive R lenses, and can
be readily found in the used market.

Vahan