Subject: Re: Leica Use (thanks)
From: Shih-Chieh Tony <stchang@novice.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 21:50:44 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Ferdinand,

It has been a long time since we contact last time.

I am not sure if Leica price in HK is much cheaper than in the US.  Right
now, USA Leica has a $500 rebate on M6 (which I think it's a very good
deal with a 3 yr passport warranty).

Remember I bought a 21f2.8M?  guess what?  I dropped the len hood
accidently (the plastic part fall-off).  I contact Leica USA and found out
that the lens hood and strap are not protected under the passport
warranty.

I called them a few times and talked to different ppl there, they actually
want me to send the camera with broken lens hood to them and they will
fix/replace a new hood for me.  I didn't think sending the camera just
because of a broken lens hood was worth the money, so I called them the
next day to ask them if I can buy a new hood.  The price is about $100usd.
The lady was really nice enough to allow me just to send the broken lens
hood (not the camera).  She will fix/replace the hood under the warranty.

I am telling you this story becuase I think Leica USA provides a very
satisfied service.  I don't know if Leica HK will match the same standard.

Good luck and tell me your decision.

Best regards,
Tony