Subject: Re: Anyone Using a Monopod?
From: Shih-Chieh Tony <stchang@novice.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 17:14:19 -0400 (EDT)

I also like Bogen quick release lock style much better than Gitzo.  I
worried about its reliability.  So I extended its smallest leg and bang it
against on the conrete floor, it passed my test.  I found this quick
release is much more convenient to use than Gitzo tripods.

Another thing regarding to Gitzo Mountainner, I have seen someone broke
its legs twice!!!  If the weight is really a concern then just bring a
bean bag when you go hiking.

Tony Chang
stchang@novice.uwaterloo.ca
4A Chemical Engineering