Subject: Re: Need Book On Leicaflex
From: Paul Schliesser <paulsc@eos.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 97 23:47:45 -0400

>I need a new comprehensive book on Leicaflex SL and SL2 cameras.  Could
>someone recommend a book on these camera bodies?  The book could also
>include the new fangled electronic R Leicas as well.

Richard,

Take a look at Finger Lakes Photo Books on the Web. I've copied and
pasted these listings from his site. I only know one of these books first
hand. Prehaps someone else on the list who has one of these books will
comment on them.

http://www.photomall.com/books7.htm

434. Grande, Frank D. & Nathan, Simon. LEICA-FLEX SYSTEM OF PHOTOGRAPHY.
New York: Amphoto (1972), 1st. Cloth w/dj - Very Good. 35.00

436. Kisselbach, Theo. THE LEICAFLEX BOOK. Heering Verlag (1969), 1st.
Cloth w/dj - Very Good. 45.00

446. Scheerer, Theo & Makovec, Josef. THE LEICA, THE LEICAFLEX & THEIR
SYSTEMS. Frankfurt: Umschau Verlag (1970), Reprint. Boards - Very Good.
35.00

The third book is an introduction to the Leica and to photography, and a
comparison of the SLR vs RF systems. It's probably more basic than you
are looking for. I bought a used copy a while back; true to it's 1970
publication date, the original owner stuck a huge yellow and white daisy
decal on the back cover.

There was a _Leica and Leicaflex Way_ (1972) by Andrew Mattheson, who did
the _Leica Rangefinder Way_ books for Focal Press. It's not listed here,
but it's another book that you might look for. I have not actually seen a
copy.

I don't know if the _Leica R Compendium_ includes the pre-R3 models.

You can call Leon Pomerantz at

315 364-9581

or email him at:

flpbks@localnet.com

I've bought books from him in the past and have met him at a camera show.
He's very friendly and will answer questions about the books he has in
stock.

- - Paul