Subject: Re: M2S
From: Paul Schliesser <paulsc@eos.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 97 12:38:14 -0400

>     I got curious about the M2S which is the pre-model of M2R.  Is it
>     identical to the M2R except the marking?  I know 2,000 of the M2R were
>     made.  How about the M2S?

The M2-R has the rapid-load spool like the M4, M6 etc. They were from a
batch of cameras originally intended for the military, but which were
sold to the public. All other M2 bodies have the spool-loading system
like the M3.

The M2S is an M2 with a self timer--the M2 originally didn't have one. I
think that the M2S designation might have only been used in North America.

- - Paul