Subject: Re: Leicaflex Problem
From: pgs@pa.dec.com (Patrick Sobalvarro)
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 00:29:14 -0700

   Date: 25 Jul 97 01:51:34 EDT
   From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>

   ...  Just try tripping the shutter at the highest shutter speed to
   see if there is an obvious delay beyond the 1/1000.  At that speed
   the mirror should be up and down at 1/1000 of a second, generally
   speaking.

Ted, I don't think this is actually true.  The mirror is much more
massive than the shutter, and it would take a lot of energy to flap it
back and forth as quickly as the shutter.  I don't really know how
quickly it goes up and down, but I'm sure it takes much longer than a
millisecond -- probably 100 milliseconds or more for the whole cycle.

- -Patrick