Subject: Re: Leicaflex Problem
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 08:33:44 -0700

On 25 Jul 97,  ted grant wrote:

<snip>

>Think about making an exposure of 1/8000 of a second!
> That means the mirror goes up and down in almost the same time frame. To
> the extent you do not think you have lost the image, when in actual fact
> you lost it for 1/8000 of a second! :)

Doubt this, but I'm a bit confused by your syntax above. I suspect that
the mirror has a finite physical limit on how fast it can go up and return
to rest. Shutter speed beyond this merely means that the mirror does the
best that it can, while the exposure is actually made in less time than
the mirror was operating.

Technology keeps allowing faster cyclic speeds for the mirror, but I doubt
that it's cyclic rate has reached 1/8000 second yet. Don't have
specfications here that say; does anyone know the minimum mirror cycle
time for the R8?
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer