Subject: Re: Gibberish on the LUG
From: "Jon Mitchell <jmitch@panama.c-com.net>" <jmitch@panama.c-com.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 17:47:47 +0000

> Maybe I'm being to harsh and I'm unappreciative of the personal
> relationships that many of you share. Maybe I'm just having a bad morning.
> One reality is sure: I'm getting around 60 messages like this _a day_.
>
> Please; take some of the less useful/interesting posts to email?
>
> I'm begging you....
>
> Best,
> Danny Gonzalez

Dear LUGers,

Mr. Gonzalez has made a fine point, the LUG is littered with
gibberrish (I will not mention names, you know who you are). I had
about 104 messages this morning, most of them not worth reading,
threads like "Some thoughts on R8" have been going for about a month!
If you like talking about R8s so much, start a new R8 users group.

Quality posts from Oddmund and some others who actually have
something genuinely interesting say, wether it be technical or
philosophical. Leicas are great cameras, used by many great
photographers. I am interested to read a few messages about wether a
90mm f4 Elmar outperforms a 90mm f2.8 Elmar. I am interested to know
about the quality of Russian lenses, new product information, etc.
I am not particularly interested in rantings which have no relation
to the subject at hand. It appears that some on the list are
compulsive email writers and often send mail for the sake of it
(with all due respect - take note Mr. Holmes, Ted Grant, etc,).

We all have information of interest to other users and experience to
share. But please fellow Luggers, keep it concise and ask yourself
before you hit SEND...Does anyone really want to read this? I think
it would make the list more informative and enjoyable.

I would also like to see more classifieds, although not bitching by
those involved in the deals. If you do have a problem buying from
someone, tell them to meet you at dawn somewhere with two pistols and
settle it honorably, instead of washing you dirty linen in public,
because I think most of us don't want to know.

cheers and long live Leicas - Jon Mitchell
Website:  <http://www.panama.c-com.net/~jmitch>