Subject: Collapsible Summicron 50 (M3 D/S)
From: "Hans Pahlen" <hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 21:29:28 +0200

Thanks to all who sent their views on the D/S M3!
The thing is, that the 50 mm lens is more and more becoming my favourite,
and this lens is really nice in the M3 finder. That is why I am interested
in an M3.
There is also an early collapsible 50 mm Summicron with this camera, that I
can get very cheap. There has not been much talk about this lens on the
LUG. I have checked Lager, and he says that there might be differences
between the front lenses compared with the rigid Summicron. But he does not
know for sure, as Leica officially never said there was any differences.
But my question is simpler: Is there anyone on the LUG who have used this
lens, and is it as good as the rigid Summicron? I think it should be a
better collapsible 50 mm lens than the old Elmar, and if it is good, it is
a cheap alternative for me, compared to the new Elmar.
Regards, Hans
Mail: hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se
Home: http://www.komvux.mark.se/hp635.htm