Subject: Re: Gibberish on the LUG
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 16:37:23 -0400

[snip]
>"Yes we know that Leica makes SLR's.  They are excellent cameras and you
>will find some people on this list who own them and talk about them.
>However, the majority of the traffic and the interest is in rangefinder
>cameras."
>
>Sorry, I didn't remember that.  Interesting is the statement about "other
>rangefinder cameras."
>
>I will try to conform, only posting my comments on the M cameras, and
>will private e-mail my comments on R cameras to those I know are
>interested in them.  I guess if I ever sell my M6 I'm out of luck.

I think the key word to keep in mind when posting something about a Leica R
camera is "Gibberish".  There's nothing wrong (at least, from my
interpretation, FWIW) with questions or information posted to the LUG on
the R8 or other R cameras, it is just that much of what was posted in the
last few weeks was (IMHO) nonsensical.  If there were similar posts about
M- Leicas, I believe that the same number of complaints would have been
generated.  Maybe it's the silly season, but I for one hope that the list
can return (was it ever there?) to the usefull source of information that
it usually is.

Sorry for the waste of bandwidth.

Dan C.