Subject: Re: Gibberish on the LUG
From: n5xrd@juno.com (Richard W. Hemingway)
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 13:19:13 CDT

Roger,

>While even I wouldn't lobby for a reduction in R talk, Dick, have a
>look
>at the welcome message that the listowner sent when you first
>subscribed.
>(You do have it, right?) Brian doesn't mandate, but does allow as how
>though there are Rs out there, the M is expected to be the major topic

You are correct, as usual.  The quote is:

"This list is intended to be used by people who take photographs with
Leica and other rangefinder cameras."

	later:

"Yes we know that Leica makes SLR's.  They are excellent cameras and you
will find some people on this list who own them and talk about them.
However, the majority of the traffic and the interest is in rangefinder
cameras."

Sorry, I didn't remember that.  Interesting is the statement about "other
rangefinder cameras."

I will try to conform, only posting my comments on the M cameras, and
will private e-mail my comments on R cameras to those I know are
interested in them.  I guess if I ever sell my M6 I'm out of luck.

Have a great week end.

Dick