Subject: Re: M-lens question
From: "Garbutt, Robert" <RGarbutt@ncrpexec.telstra.com.au>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 14:10:00 +1000

I find it is fine to go into a strong point source front on with most
lenses  - with these the problem is usually 'spread' across the
emulsion.  When the source is at an angle to the film plane some lenses
have problems, especially wider angle lenses.

But then I don't have any Leica lenses yet so they might handle things
differently.  My experience has only been with Nikkor, Rikenon and the
mighty Zeiss Novar-Anastigmat f/6.3 on my Nettar (generally the best of
the lot by the way).

Regards,
Rob.