Subject: Re: M-lens question
From: Mickey Rosenthal <michelr@inter.net.il>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 00:22:28 +0300

Garbutt, Robert wrote:

> I find it is fine to go into a strong point source front on with most
> lenses  - with these the problem is usually 'spread' across the
> emulsion.  When the source is at an angle to the film plane some
> lenses
> have problems, especially wider angle lenses.
>
> But then I don't have any Leica lenses yet so they might handle things
>
> differently.  My experience has only been with Nikkor, Rikenon and the
>
> mighty Zeiss Novar-Anastigmat f/6.3 on my Nettar (generally the best
> of
> the lot by the way).
>
> Regards,
> Rob.
>  ----------
>  >  From: Dan Cardish
>  >  To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
>  >  Subject: Re: M-lens question
>  >  Date: Monday, 28 July 1997 10:29AM
>  >
>  >  the aspherical.  One should be carefull when photographing point
> light
>  >  sources to test for coma, etc.  It is east to overexpose point
> light
>  >  sources, in which case, it is possible for the focused light to
> "spread" a
>  >  bit into the emulsion, giving the impression of some kind of
> optical
>  >  aberation.
>  >
>  >  Dan C.
>  >

I remember this Zeis-Novar 6.3 lens as a rather bad lens - my Lubitel
lens was better
- - my Yashicor lens was better and my current 3.5 Xenar on a 1950 Rollei
is much better.
Of course I like my old Leica and new Minolta lemses etc.
I have a good Tessar 2.8 lens on a Zeiss Tenax, but the camera is
defect.
Regards,
Mickey Rosenthal