Subject: Re: 100mm Macro Apo lens observations
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 30 Jul 97 10:59:12 EDT

Richard wrote:

<<<I am currently looking for a good condition used R6.2 camera body.  I'm not
ready for an R8.  I still lean toward mechanical SLRs until someone can persuade
me.>>>>>>

<<<<< It makes the blonde hair almost come off the color photo.  You can count
each blade of hair. >>>>>

Hi Richard,

The 100 2.8 macro of my many lenses is quickly becoming one of my most used as a
general do everything lens, simply because it cuts film like a razor blade. To
really appreciate what you have in your hands is to shoot the new Kodak B&W
T400CN and then make 16X20 prints!

That's when you find out what the 100 macro, available light and quite an
incredible B&W film can produce when they all come to-gether for magnificant
print quality.

We have been shooting a project on veternarians in surgical situations and OR
lightening and the prints are mind blowers! :)

It stands up beautifully in available light. Even when shooting the film at ASA
800 for al the intereior shooting.

<<<I'm not ready for an R8.  I still lean toward mechanical SLRs until someone
can persuade me>>>>>

Well OK!:)  But I bet you'll have an R8 before your finished the year out!
Mechanical or no, the R8 is such a good solid machine to work with and the
metering system is the most accurate I've ever encountered in a camera. And I've
used a bunch including the new stable of Canon/Nikons.

This is not to say there is anything wrong with owning an R6.2 or any other
mechanical Leica, it's making a point from weekly use of the R8.

I would say getting an R6 or other Leica R due to not quite having the funds to
purchases the R8, I'd wait and save until I could buy the R8. If you do, you
wont have any regrets of purchase.

enough said flaunting the qualities of the '8 :)

ted