Subject: Re: Leica quality
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 30 Jul 97 10:59:15 EDT

John Gilbert   <Unrepentant Perfectionist>  wrote:

g'day John,

Boy it sure sounds like you are truly the "Unrepentant Perfectionist" when it
comes to testing.

I've had three M6's since '85, they've never broken down, no one ever looked at
them and I use them primarily shooting documentive assignments where existing
available light is the light of the day.
And many frames are shot with the lens wide open, as the light in some cases is
really "available darkness":)

Because much of the work is used during exhibitions, we regularly make 16X20's,
as well as for magazine and book projects and my machines and lenses preform
wonderfully.

The prints are Leica sharp and I must say I've never do any testing of
equipment, lenses or bodies in the manner many of the LUGGERS go through!

That of course could be an error on my part when I read the many "crash and
burn" lens items that are posted. But I'm a stickler for "sharp & and content"
and as long as I see that in my work that is all I am concerned about.

But like any kind of machinery, Leica, Nikon, Canon and others there are the
lemons, hell even one can get a lemon Porsche :) But I guess I live right or
something, as I've never encountered the equipment grief many others in here
have experienced.

But then I don't do all the nit picking tests either. :)

ted