Subject: Re: Leica quality
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 11:30:21 -0700

On 30 Jul 97,  ted grant wrote:

<snip>

> But then I don't do all the nit picking tests either. :)

I don't either, and that's key here. Testing like goes on here is
most likely to occur with equipment like Leica. When one pays a big buck
for stuff like Leica, one tends to try to justify by testing. Perfectly
natural reaction, I'd say.

Back in my active trap shooting days, those with pedestrian equipment just
went out and broke targets. Ah, but let him/her go for a high grade gun or
two and suddenly they're out at the range doing pattern tests. Woe to the
manufacturer if a given choke doesn't fit the theoretical "best" pattern
for that choke.
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer